Registered library users may request library materials from the stacks using the Library's Online Catalog. If you are not yet a registered library user and need an account created, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
1. To place a request, you will first need to log in to your library account. In the Online Catalog, click Institutional Login:
2. On the Login page, it will prompt you to login with your OpenAthens account information. Enter your PMA email address as your username and your OpenAthens password as your password. As an example, Jane Doe would have the following login information:
Password: OpenAthens password
3. Once logged in, use the search box to enter a search term. Click Find:
4. On the search results page, you can toggle results based on additional criteria under Refine Results. To place a request for an item, click on the Title of the item you are interested in:
5. Clicking the title will open the record, where you will find additional information about the item.
6. On this page, scroll down to Holdings and select Place a Hold:
7. On the Place a Request page, enter a date into the "No longer required after" field (optional). Select PMA Library from the Pickup Location drop-down menu. Click on Submit Request:
8. Once the request is submitted, you'll be returned to your account page, where you can see an overview of your holds, recalls, and checked out items. This is also where you can go to renew your current checked out items.
Once the request is received and processed, you will receive an email notification letting you know that your item is ready to be picked up. Items ready for pickup are placed on the library pickup and return carts near the Media Room on the Lower Level of the Perelman Building.