The Archives hold a variety of materials, including institutional and directors’ records, personal papers, and ephemera that chronicle the history of our institution. We have over 4,200 linear feet of material, from correspondence, photographs, and films, to other audiovisual material, scrapbooks and artifacts. Our collections are described using finding aids, which are available in ArchivesSpace. Some notable collections include the Alexina and Marcel Duchamp Papers, Arensberg Archives, JulienLevy Gallery Records, Fiske Kimball Records, Young-Mallin Archive, and George Grey Barnard Papers.
Questions we could help you answer:
- What is the background for this important exhibition or event?
- Can you tell me about the history of this work of art in the museum’s collection? Please note that we cannot appraise objects.
- Do you have any correspondence with this director, curator, or other key staff member?
- Can you tell me more about this donor or collector?
- Do you have any images of staff, donors, notable visitors, past exhibitions, events, and gallery spaces?